Safana, Baldur's Gate 1 BG1 Companion


Safana Baldur's Gate 1



Safana Location


Safana is a Baldur's Gate companion in BioWare's cRPG of 1998, Baldur's Gate 1. Safana is found on the Lighthouse map (x=3750, y=2390 AR 3600) which is two maps west of Beregost, and one map south. Consult Baldur's Gate world map.

Safana Quest


Safana wants to raid Black Alaric's Cave to the west, by the seaside. The cave approach is guarded by sirenes and the cave interior is guarded by flesh golems. The treasure is found on a stone slab surrounded by water.

Well, good sirs, you may call me Safana. You'll have to excuse me if I sound startled, but in the south were I come from they don't grow their men as big as any of you. Anyhow, if you want, I have a way to make you all fabulously wealthy. In my possession I have a map that gives the location of an old pirate treasure trove. According to the writings on the map, it's where the legendary Black Alaric dumped his treasure before being captured by the Amnish fleets! You interested in hearing more?

Black Alaric's Cave


While it's difficult to reach and raid Black Alaric's cave due to the Sirenes and Flesh Golems on its approach and dwelling within, first level parties can succeed if the tank quaffs the Potion of Clarity found in Candlekeep, and wields a magical weapon. That's because the tank will level up a few times by slaying the Sirenes, which gives the tank enough HPs to take on the subsequent Flesh Golems, which would pulverize a first level character in one hit.

In addition, on-rest spawns of Flesh Golems can be efficiently farmed (2,000 XP each) if we have the Dagger of Venom. This is much faster than farming ankhegs, wyverns or basilisks; indeed, there is no better way to farm XP in Baldur's Gate than through on-rest respawns of Flesh Golems.


The most notable treasure found in Black Alaric's cave is the Manual of Bodily Health (permanent +1 Constitution, item code: BOOK03). Baldur's Gate Dwarves with Constitution scores of 19 will have their score raised to 20, thereby gaining regeneration.

Safana Stats


Safana is best employed as an Archer. However, she can be dual-classed to Mage, Enchanter, Illusionist or Transmuter if given the Tome of Clear Thought beforehand.

I feel so sensual.

Safana Biography


When asked about her past, SAFANA spins tale upon tale involving fantastic liaisons with pirate captains, nobles, and royalty of all shapes and sizes. The consistent details seem to be that she grew up in the city of Calimport, surrounded by luxury. Her father was a very influential noble, and though she could have had anything, she apparently found herself too confined by her father's protective arm. She ran away in her early teens with the help of the first mate of the pirate ship 'Exzesus,' and remained with the crew for several years as they raided up and down the Sword Coast. Eventually she tried to manipulate the captain and found her self in a lot of trouble, escaping when the ship was at port in Baldur's Gate. She has many stories of her escapades after that, but if there is a grain of truth in them you certainly cannot find it.

Safana and Coran:




(They get together in the sequel - both as non-party members - but it doesn't last.)

Safana quotes


  • I've been looking for ... strong men like yourselves.
  • Nothing's worth dying for.
  • Mmmmm. I keep very pleasant company.
  • I really think this party needs new leadership.
  • To lead this party, we need someone intelligent, preferably female, and most likely me.
  • I've tried to guide this group in the right direction, but I'm tired of trying.  Goodbye.
  • This is probably the sanest decision this group has ever made.
  • A woman needs her beauty rest.
  • Perhaps we could do something a little more exciting than looking pretty.
  • I'm hurt, stop what you're doing and help me now.
  • The city is a beautiful place, so full of the gullible and stupid.
  • Yes dear?
  • I'll do anything.
  • I feel so sensual.
  • If that's your desire.
  • With pleasure.
  • Of course, darling.
  • Between two evils I always choose the one I haven't tried.
  • I love it when you speak to me that way.
  • When I'm good I'm very very good, but when I'm bad I'm better.
  • Everyone in this party is entitled to my opinion.
  • I assume Coran, that you think your elven charms are considerable. Let me enlighten you: they aren't.
  • You have about as much appeal as a rutting Owlbear.
  • You think I'd surrender myself to the likes of you, that's a laugh.
  • Watch what you say, elf.
  • I might find you attractive Coran, if you weren't so irritating.
  • I like it when you're nasty to me.
  • You could be somewhat more creative in your insults.
  • I always love a good compliment.
  • You're a very sexy man.
  • I'd love to see what other skills you possess.
  • My feet are very sore, perhaps you could massage them.
  • The rest of you should be careful, lest you end up like our unfortunate friend.
  • Don't die silly elf, I didn't mean all of the things I've said.


Baldur's Gate Original Ajantis BG1 Alora BG1 Branwen BG1 Coran BG1 Dynaheir BG1
BG1 Walkthrough Edwin BG1 Eldoth BG1 Faldorn BG1 Garrick BG1 Imoen BG1
BG1 Companions Jaheira BG1 Kagain BG1 Khalid BG1 Kivan BG1 Minsc BG1
Baldur's Gate NPCs Montaron BG1 Quayle BG1 Safana BG1 Shar-Teel BG1 Skie BG1
cRPG Blog (Index to All) Tiax BG1 Viconia BG1 Xan BG1 Xzar BG1 Yeslick BG1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.