Branwen, Baldur's Gate 1 BG1 Companion


Branwen Baldur's Gate 1



Branwen is a Baldur's Gate companion in BioWare's cRPG of 1998, Baldur's Gate 1. Branwen is found at x=3250, y=2880 on the Nashkel Carnival map (AR 4900). She has been petrified aka turned to stone by Tranzig (a mage later found in Beregost's Feldepost inn). To recruit Branwen, cast a Stone to Flesh scroll on her. These scrolls can be purchased from the Temple in Nashkel.

As a Cleric, Branwen has access to an extensive repertoire of divine spells.

I am Branwen, a War-priest from the Norheim isles. I have been trapped in stone for what seems like an eternity. You have saved me, and for that I owe you my life. I am indebted to you and by Tempus I leave no debt unpaid!  Let me join whichever cause you're fighting for, I should make a valuable ally and bring the favor of the Lord of Battles upon us.

Branwen Stats


Tempus! Give us victory!

Branwen Dual-class


Branwen can be dual-classed to Thief if she is given the Manual of Quickness of Action (Dex +1), which is found in a barrel in the Thieves' Guild, near Black Lily, in Baldur's Gate city.

Branwen Biography


When asked about her past, BRANWEN reveals that she left her home of Seawolf in the Norheim isles at an early age. She was apparently reviled by her own people for wanting to become a priest, a station reserved exclusively for the men of the village. She harbors no resentment, realizing that her faith must face such tests or be worthless. She traveled the coast, offering her services to local militias, and eventually came into the employ of an adventuring troup in the Nashkel area. Branwen had no idea that the group was participating in banditry however, and on their first raid she balked at attacking a caravan of unarmed merchants. She rebelled, and a mage named Tranzig turned her to stone in the ensuing fight. Despite the unfavorable outcome, Branwen feels that Tempus views her actions approvingly. To attack those that are unarmed is the basest of villainy.

Branwen quotes


  • By the ice breath of Auril! 'Tis good to see new faces and taste freedom again.
  • Tempus, forgive my cowardice.
  • Tempus! Give us victory!
  • I am proud to stand among such strong warriors.
  • Our actions are not those of warrior born.
  • What sort of craven cowards are we?
  • I can no longer honorably work with such as you.
  • I have always dreamt of leading such a worthy band.
  • I'm tired.
  • Damn the icicles of Auril. I'm BORED.
  • 'Tis but a flesh wound.
  • By Tempus' shield.
  • What is your command?
  • Hello?
  • 'Tis a fine day to die.
  • If Tempus wills it.
  • By Valkur's mighty blade.
  • 'Tis better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
  • May Auril bestow the frost kiss upon our enemies.
  • By Valkur's strapping buttocks.
  • A god's favor is fickle, at best.
  • Shar-Teel seems to have more spine that a lot of the men in this party.
  • You are valiant of action Shar-Teel.  A pity your spirit is mismatched.
  • Stay well clear of me, you foul speakin' heretic!
  • Tempus would guide your wayward soul, if you let him.
  • May Tempus someday show you the error of your ways.
  • I do not take such insults lightly.
  • I thank you for your kind words.
  • Do not mock me!
  • You shame this party by your mere presence.
  • You are a strong warrior, I respect that.
  • In a war of virtues, thou art unarmed.
  • To die in battle is the most glorious death of all.
  • 'Tis a shame to lose such an accomplished warrior.


Baldur's Gate Original Ajantis BG1 Alora BG1 Branwen BG1 Coran BG1 Dynaheir BG1
BG1 Walkthrough Edwin BG1 Eldoth BG1 Faldorn BG1 Garrick BG1 Imoen BG1
BG1 Companions Jaheira BG1 Kagain BG1 Khalid BG1 Kivan BG1 Minsc BG1
Baldur's Gate NPCs Montaron BG1 Quayle BG1 Safana BG1 Shar-Teel BG1 Skie BG1
cRPG Blog (Index to All) Tiax BG1 Viconia BG1 Xan BG1 Xzar BG1 Yeslick BG1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.