cRPG Quiz


Computer Role-playing Games Quiz



Welcome to the cRPG Quiz. Even before I subsequently added links to the answers (cRPG Quiz Answers), three readers managed to answer all questions correctly a few years ago.

Giga-grinding Quiz


The theme of this quiz is "Grinding or Farming in cRPGs" (for XP and wealth). Can you answer the questions without referring to the answers?

  1. Made of flesh that is not their own, and lurking in a cave by the sea. Classic case of highly efficient farming via on-rest spawns (solo maxes lvl in 30 mins flat). Who knows the enemy and game here referred to?
  2. They give you a solid early material boost and their daggers and darts scale from iron to silver and beyond to keep them relevant as a source of income, whenever you need it. Rest to provoke. These guys were introduced by an expansion. Who are they and what game/expansion are they from?
  3. Killing packs of the cold and cadaverous inside the eye of a dragon, over and over again. This is a lucrative on-rest spawn to farm, at least for a few levels. Who knows the game, area and monster?
  4. Steampunk questing or overworld killing... The latter yields more wealth and power, and in far less time. A classic case of overworld leveling and wealth gain. Game?
  5. Epic vamps and ghosts lurking in the vault of a dead god. Highly efficient material and stat-farming via on-rest spawns (several levels in 30 mins). What is the item-type farmed and what is the game?
  6. Baatezu lingering outside the flophouse. Prime candidate for stat-farming. Also, giant worms and rare greater "somethings" (that may drop godly items even more rarely), both lurking in a subterranean environment. These three are examples of respawns that occur as a result of area transition (enter/exit spam). This is Diabloesque; indeed, it represents a parody on farming. Game, what are the "somethings", and where are they and the worms farmed (name of dungeon)?
  7. Several rats in the basement of a home. And a large, wild feline. I kill the feline and let the rats repeatedly attack me. Armor stat maxed in no time! Game, and in what town does this sordidness take place?
  8. Floaters, centaurs and aliens don't do well against a party packing gauss. Another classic case of leveling on the overworld. Game?
  9. I find a piece of parchment. I unfurl it to learn its contents, then I unlearn it - rinse repeat for non-trivial experience point gain. What game is this?

cRPG Arms & Armor Quiz


Do you fancy yourself a cRPG arms & armor expert?

  1. With a THAC0 2 points superior to World's Edge BG1, I'm the most accurate weapon in Baldur's Gate 1 (though most players never find me).
  2. I'm the only weapon that lets you wade through Web in Baldur's Gate 1
  3. You need to kill a mad cleric and a bounty hunter to get us. What two weapons are we?
  4. In terms of raw Armor Class, I'm the best armor in Baldur's Gate 2. But I disintegrate under the Sun.
  5. I'm the most powerful bow in any Infinity Engine game, but you only have a 20% chance of finding me in the Great Forge of Lower Dorn's Deep.
  6. Crom Faeyr BG2 isn't the only weapon that can give you Titan Strength!
  7. I inflict double damage vs. the GUILTY in Planescape: Torment.
  8. I'm a great weapon with three elemental heads, but not so much with five. Who am I and why is that?
  9. In terms of on-hit damage-over-time in the Baldur's Gate series, I'm more effective than Gnasher BG2 or the Dagger of Venom BG1.
  10. I'm the only weapon on the Infinity Engine whose stats scale handsomely with my wielder's level.
  11. If your LK is 10, you may find us en route to Vault 15. Which two awesome weapons are we?
  12. My blade is given to you by a sea captain; my hilt is looted from the corpse of githyanki. What weapon am I?
  13. If you help them, an old couple gives you TWO of me. Thus, you can dual-wield me.
  14. You can equip me with a weapon and control me remotely.
  15. Best in the slot, I'm a helm that can only be worn by 2 out of 3 shorties.
  16. When equipped in the gloves slot, I set your Strength to that of an ogre berserker.
  17. You can pick-pocket a floating skull to get a second one of me.
  18. Name a weapon or HWP that allows us to set waypoints for their projectiles. That is, the projectile can be set to follow a preset path.
  19. Name three (3) magical weapons that grant an extra attack in BG2.
  20. Name three (3) vorpal weapons in BG2 (NOT disruption weapons).
  21. I have the highest critical hit multiplier of any Neverwinter Nights 1 weapon type.
  22. Which two weapons in BG2 have on-hit AoEs?
  23. Do Fallout 2 Gauss Pistols and Rifles inflict normal, laser, plasma or electrical pulse damage? 

cRPG Miscellanea Quiz


  1. Name three (3) cRPGs that employ radial (circular) pop-up menus for their UIs.
  2. You want my helm, cloak and sword, but not so much my butter knife. Who was I?
  3. What game am I? I was designed and coded by British developers who, through me, made massive in-roads into tactical control and presentation over my 1988 spiritual predecessor. And yet, tactics only constitute one half of my gameplay. Almost three decades subsequent to my release, I remain technically impressive and in some aspects unmatched.
  4. What game am I? It was said that player characters from my spiritual predecessor could be imported to me, but that was not possible because I employed a different ruleset.
  5. Name two vorpal cRPG ENEMIES.
  6. I am the hardest-hitting enemy in Baldur's Gate 1. That is, on average, I inflict more physical damage in a single hit than any other enemy in BG1.
  7. I am the hardest-hitting enemy in Baldur's Gate 2. That is, on average, I inflict more physical damage in a single hit than any other enemy in BG2.
  8. I have the lowest (best) AC of any enemy in BG1 or BG2. Who am I?
  9. I have the most HPs (hit points) of any enemy in BG1 or BG2. What am I?
  10. Name two special abilities that can be gained through dialogue in Planescape: Torment.
  11. Which BG1 NPC references Irenicus BG2 and which BG1 NPC references Ellesime?
  12. I am a Red Wizard of Thay companion who is NOT Edwin. And I'm not in BG1 or BG2, but in another cRPG. Who am I?
  13. In BG1, I foresaw the capacity for Sarevok's BG2 redemption. Who was I?
  14. Name one cRPG Baelnorn.
  15. Name two cRPG Demi-liches.
  16. Can you name the three Dwarven companions in Arcanum?
  17. What are the names of the four Dwarven clans of Arcanum?
  18. What are the names of the five Arcanum Exiles banished to the Void? 


cRPG Blog cRPG Design cRPG Reviews cRPG List
cRPG Definition cRPG History cRPG Rankings cRPG vs cRPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent comments: https://lilura1.blogspot.com/p/comment-stream.html

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.