Khalid, Baldur's Gate 1 BG1 Companion


Khalid Baldur's Gate 1



Khalid Location


Khalid is a Baldur's Gate companion in BioWare's cRPG of 1998, Baldur's Gate 1Along with Jaheira, Khalid is found at the beginning of Chapter One in the Friendly Amn Inn


He and Jaheira will disappear from the game-world forever unless they are recruited before Chapter Two (arrival in Nashkel). Khalid is part of the Baldur's Gate canon party, but he is found dead in BG2.

If he focuses on Bow proficiency, Khalid can become a better archer than Kivan, but not better than Coran.

Something about you is f-familiar, child.  Your manner reminds me of a sage I know, b-by the name of Gorion. If......if he has passed, we share your loss. We could t-travel with you until you get settled; help you find your l-lot in life.

Khalid's Stats


Better part of valor!  Better part of valor!

  • ClassFighter
  • RaceHalf-elf
  • Alignment: Neutral Good
  • Gender: Male
  • Strength:  15 
  • Dexterity: 16 
  • Constitution: 17 
  • Intelligence: 12
  • Wisdom: 10
  • Charisma: 9

Tweaks Anthology can change Khalid into Fighter Mage.

Best Items for Khalid



Khalid Biography


When asked about his past, KHALID nervously reveals that he was born and raised in the nation of Calimshan. He does not say much of his parents, but you get the feeling that his merchant father thought little of him, devoting much more attention to Khalid's half brothers. Khalid thus threw himself into the martial pursuits, studying under members of the city militia. He doesn't go into detail on how he met Jaheira, but his adoration of her is obvious. When asked about how he knew Gorion he will only say that they had long been friends, and that many shared acquaintances will mourn his loss with harpsong.

If Jaheira is dead but our reptuation is decent, Entillis Fulsom acknowledges Khalid instead:


Khalid quotes


  • Calm yourself dear, we must proceed c-c-carefully.
  • Better part of valor! Better part of valor!
  • Oh, my heart's really not in this!
  • Gorion would be proud of your actions.
  • Gorion would have none of this! 'Tis shameful!
  • I'll not have a part in t-this! Change your course, lest I be forced to s-stop you!
  • I will not allow this! It-It's utterly evil!
  • If you wish, but I'm not a very inspiring leader.
  • I think much c-c-clearer with r-rest. Might w-we stop?
  • I prefer these long periods of relaxation. Lovely day for it.
  • I am getting weaker. I'll need a healer as soon as possible.
  • I am much more at ease in the forest.
  • Cities are always so intimidating. So many people.
  • T-there are S-SO many places I would rather be.
  • Sunny or not, 'tis nice to enjoy the out-of-doors
  • Even with infravision I prefer the daylight.
  • C-Can I help you?
  • You have need of me?
  • WHA ... y-yes?
  • If none are better.
  • I can but try.
  • I'll do my best.
  • If at first I don't succeed, the wife won't let me forget.
  • Th-Th-That's all, Folks!
  • Ch-ch-ch- ... ch-ch-ch-chia
  • Click on someone your own size!
  • Please J-Jaheira, you needn't be so ... s-so ...
  • Yes, that's definitely it!
  • Ye ... no, stay beautiful. Despite yourself.
  • Usually everyone proves themselves, but there is something ... disturbing about you.
  • I had thought none could be so beyond the bounds of goodness. Certainly you need h-help.
  • S-Sharpen your tongue elsewhere. Everyone deserves a chance.
  • You ... hmmph ... must y-you c-continually ...
  • Th-thank you.
  • I don't want to seem c-confrontational, but could you be a little less ... well ... evil?
  • Your honesty is refreshing, but lace it well with tact.
  • Your company is a w-welcome part of this group.
  • Another friend fallen. Does it never end?
  • Jah ... Jaheira.  no. NOOOOOOO!
  • Remove (content): V-v-very well. Though I doubt G-Gorion would approve of me leaving you, I cannot force my company upon you. These choices are yours to make.  Come Jaheira, we should take our leave for now.
  • Remove (discontent): I c-cannot say that I have enjoyed our t-time together, but for the sake of Gorion I will not protest your actions further. If there is anything of him within you, you will ultimately turn out alright... though it does seem doubtful at the moment.


Baldur's Gate Original Ajantis BG1 Alora BG1 Branwen BG1 Coran BG1 Dynaheir BG1
BG1 Walkthrough Edwin BG1 Eldoth BG1 Faldorn BG1 Garrick BG1 Imoen BG1
BG1 Companions Jaheira BG1 Kagain BG1 Khalid BG1 Kivan BG1 Minsc BG1
Baldur's Gate NPCs Montaron BG1 Quayle BG1 Safana BG1 Shar-Teel BG1 Skie BG1
cRPG Blog (Index to All) Tiax BG1 Viconia BG1 Xan BG1 Xzar BG1 Yeslick BG1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.