Dynaheir, Baldur's Gate 1 BG1 Companion


Dynaheir Baldur's Gate 1



Dynaheir Location


Dynaheir is a Baldur's Gate companion in BioWare's cRPG of 1998, Baldur's Gate 1. Dynaheir is found standing in a pit in the Gnoll Fortress (x=2530, y=1440, AR 5100). We can find and rescue her of our own accord, or through the quests of Minsc or Edwin.

A capable Mage, Dynaheir is paired with Minsc (both being from Rashemen, and both being Baldur's Gate canon party members).

Note that Dynaheir can be dual-classed to Cleric if we give her 2x Tome of Understanding.

Invokers have 2x Opposition Schools: Enchantment & Conjuration. That means Dynaheir can't cast the following Baldur's Gate spells:

  • Enchantment: Charm Person, Friends, Sleep, Luck, Hold Person, Dire Charm, Confusion, Emotion, Greater Malison, Chaos, Domination, Hold Monster, Feeblemind
  • Conjuration: Armor, Flame Arrow, Grease, Melf's Acid Arrow, Monster Summoning I, Ghost Armor, Monster Summoning II, Monster Summoning III

As consolation, Dynaheir is the best at casting Fireball, Lightning Bolt and Cloudkill.

I am Dynaheir, a witch of Rasheman. I and my comrade Minsc have been sent by the Wychalarn to determine if the prophecies of Alaundo are true. We search for the spawn of Bhaal.

I thank thee for saving me.  'Twas courageous to follow the likes of Minsc into battle, if a touch foolish.  I have naught to offer thee in return, save my services in battle.  Mayhaps I could travel with thee awhile, and an opportunity may arise for repayment of mine debt.  Minsc is...well...Minsc, but he hast a strong sword arm, whilst I am practiced in the arts magica.  Shall we join?

Dynaheir Stats


This group shows promise exceptionale.

Dynaheir Biography


When asked about her past DYNAHEIR has very little to say. She is apparently from the far-eastern nation of Rasheman, and has come to the west with a bodyguard known as Minsc. Minsc is on his 'dejemma,' a right of passage, and it appears that she may be involved in something similar. Of this, she will only state that great things are foretold for the Sword Coast. She seems very sure of herself, is possessed with an old-world sensibility, and is very demanding of her companions. She has expressed concerns about the sanity of her bodyguard, though she has an obvious respect for him and will not go far from his side. 

Wychlaran versus the Red Wizard of Thay. This pits Dynaheir and Minsc against Edwin, and is foreshadowed by the clashing quests of Minsc and Edwin (both of whom are picked up in Nashkel).


As per the Harpers and Zhentarim, there may be shorter dialogues culminating in the following final exchange:


The three leave the party, duke it out, and don't stop until the other side is dead. Charname looks on in bemusement but can intervene in order to affect the outcome. Once it's over, the victorious auto-return to the party, and we loot the corpse of the loser/s. Which is usually the outnumbered Edwin.

Dynaheir quotes


  • Minsc continues to make the most ... unique of acquaintances. To follow his charge thou art brave indeed.
  • These odds are idiocy! Retreat!
  • For right! And I always am!
  • This group shows promise exceptional.
  • Must I watch over this group as a nanny the child?!
  • I cannot abide by this decision! 'Tis idiocy!
  • Thy manner is inexplicably evil!  I take my leave!
  • A wise choice to appoint the wiser.
  • Magic does not nest well in a tired mind. I must sleep.
  • Might we move on?
  • By The Three, I do not feel well inside.
  • Such bustle! The cities of Rasheman are empty compared.
  • Thy called?
  • Whatever thy need.
  • Thy wish my ear?
  • As directed.
  • No less than done.
  • As well as I can.
  • Go here! Do that! What about MY needs?
  • These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do.
  • Who art thou to touch me like you know me?!
  • Watch thee where thy place that pointer!
  • Must thou keep that rodent so close? 'Tis surely unclean.
  • Stand easy Minsc, thy needs not be so motherly.
  • Evil to thy cause? Perhaps. However, those of decent nature know otherwise.
  • Any protection would be courtesy, not necessity. My power is no less than thine!
  • Thou shalt not question my will once I present thy neck to the Orthlor!
  • I pray thee did not kiss thy mother with that mouth.
  • Thou art right indeed. After my own heart.
  • Thou art fluent in compliments. Some might say effluent.
  • I'll thank thee to remain downwind. 'Tis hard to cast spells while I gag.
  • I should keep an eye towards Edwin. One can only expect treachery from his kind.
  • Thy decency is refreshing when so many we meet are ... lacking.
  • No more mistakes, people! We can afford no more losses!
  • Minsc! His mighty berserker wrath will not go unremembered.
  • Remove (content): If thou dost no longer desire my companionship, then so be it. I shall not force myself where I am not wanted.  Come Minsc, we will continue on ourselves.


Baldur's Gate Original Ajantis BG1 Alora BG1 Branwen BG1 Coran BG1 Dynaheir BG1
BG1 Walkthrough Edwin BG1 Eldoth BG1 Faldorn BG1 Garrick BG1 Imoen BG1
BG1 Companions Jaheira BG1 Kagain BG1 Khalid BG1 Kivan BG1 Minsc BG1
Baldur's Gate NPCs Montaron BG1 Quayle BG1 Safana BG1 Shar-Teel BG1 Skie BG1
cRPG Blog (Index to All) Tiax BG1 Viconia BG1 Xan BG1 Xzar BG1 Yeslick BG1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.