Garrick, Baldur's Gate 1 BG1 Companion


Garrick Baldur's Gate 1



Garrick Location


Garrick is a Baldur's Gate companion in BioWare's cRPG of 1998, Baldur's Gate 1. Garrick is found standing outside the the Burning Wizard inn in the town of Beregost. After resolving Garrick's quest by slaying Silke, Garrick can join the party.


As a Bard, Garrick makes for a decent loremaster and arcane spellcaster

I'm Garrick and I work for Silke Rosena.  She's the most skilled musician and actor along the Sword Coast; in fact, she's to play at the Duchal palace before the month's done.  But.....she's been having some problems of late.  Some thugs have been hired by Feldepost to hurt her bad, because she didn't perform at his inn when she was supposed to.  You can't blame her for not showing up, what with a villain like Feldepost running the place.  She needs mercenaries to protect her until she's ready to go to Baldur's Gate.  She's willing to pay about 300 gold.  What do you say?

Garrick Stats



Garrick Biography


When asked about his past, GARRICK explains that he was part of a celebrated acting troupe called the Dale Wind Troubadours. They traveled the length of the coast from Neverwinter to Amn and often played to Dukes and other nobility. Indeed, few others could afford the cost of a performance when the group was at its peak. Garrick does not speak fondly of this time however, as the direction the group was taking left him dissatisfied with their conduct. He apparently discovered that performances were being used as distractions for thievery and declared he would have nothing to do with it. Rebuffed by his comrades, now he wishes simply to travel and play his music for those that will listen. He seems a bit young and naive, and a touch too ready to take the word of a stranger. 


Eldoth and Garrick bardic rivalry:



Garrick quotes


  • Hello there. I have a pretty proposal for you.
  • Brave, brave sir Garrick, sir Garick led the way. Brave, brave sir Garrick, sir Garrick ran away!
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
  • If man is known by the company he keeps, I shall be thought of gloriously.
  • Why did we just do that?
  • I can't stand by and just let this happen.
  • I'm sorry, but I have to leave, I can't stomach what we do any more.
  • I feel a little unprepared for this job, but I'll try my best.
  • A yawn is a silent shout.
  • A bored man is an angry man.
  • My goodness, I think I'm dying.
  • I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree.
  • 'Tis a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
  • Yes sir?
  • I am at your service.
  • Life is glorious.
  • At once.
  • With god speed.
  • With joy, sir.
  • Give and spend, and the Gods will send.
  • Make short the miles with talk and smiles.
  • Love makes the world go round.
  • Music has charms to soothe the savage breast.
  • Perhaps you'd care to hear my music Skie, it's very different and somewhat better than Eldoth's.
  • Why do you stay with Eldoth, Skie? Can't you see he's just using you?
  • Don't speak to Skie that way, Eldoth. She deserves better.
  • A girl of beauty is a joy forever.
  • Thank you so very much for your most gracious compliment.
  • I don't know what I did to deserve that.
  • It takes two to make a quarrel.
  • I think you're an honorable person.
  • I don't remember knowing a more caring person.
  • I think you need to learn some manners.
  • The world is such a cruel place.
  • Nooo. Why her? She didn't deserve this!!


Baldur's Gate Original Ajantis BG1 Alora BG1 Branwen BG1 Coran BG1 Dynaheir BG1
BG1 Walkthrough Edwin BG1 Eldoth BG1 Faldorn BG1 Garrick BG1 Imoen BG1
BG1 Companions Jaheira BG1 Kagain BG1 Khalid BG1 Kivan BG1 Minsc BG1
Baldur's Gate NPCs Montaron BG1 Quayle BG1 Safana BG1 Shar-Teel BG1 Skie BG1
cRPG Blog (Index to All) Tiax BG1 Viconia BG1 Xan BG1 Xzar BG1 Yeslick BG1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.