Yeslick, Baldur's Gate 1 BG1 Companion


Yeslick Baldur's Gate 1



Yeslick Location


Yeslick is a Baldur's Gate companion in BioWare's cRPG of 1998, Baldur's Gate 1. Yeslick is found imprisoned in a jail on the second level of the Cloakwood Mines (x=860, y=1720, AR 1804).


Best Items for Yeslick



Yeslick is formidable when decked out as per above. He can also buff himself with Divine Spells Baldur's Gate.

These are my mines that the blasted Iron Throne has stolen.  Well, they were my clan's home 125 years ago.  Curse me for a fool, I trusted them!  Years ago that blasted Rieltar gave me a good trade smithing for the Throne, and then I go and tell him about my old home!  About how my clan had the richest iron mine on any coast, and how almost all were killed when we breached a riverbank.  Lost most my kin in that flood.  Those of us that survived couldn't bear to go back down.  It was a giant watery tomb, and we left it the way she stood.  So I go and tell this to my "friend" Rieltar, and he has me chained up!  He tortures the location outta me, and now this graveyard feeds the Iron Throne as they bleed the coast dry.   If you want to cripple their plans, help me flood these accursed mines once more!  They plugged the breach, but knowing hands can loose the flow!  We can drown these black-hearted rats in the very mine they've stolen!  Here be the way!

Yeslick Stats


.
Aye, who's there now?  More smithing, or did ye burrow into another river?

Use Tweaks Anthology to allow Kagain to wield Axes.

Yeslick Biography


When asked about his past, YESLICK quietly states that he was once a member of the dwarven clan Orothiar. For generations they used the iron mine in the center of Cloakwood as their home, but almost a century ago catastrophe struck. As skilled as they are underground, dwarves occasionally make mistakes.  One such incident cost them dearly. They apparently breached an underground river and the resulting flood claimed nearly all of the clan. Yeslick was one of the few survivors, and made his way to Sembia to start a new life. There he made the acquaintance of Rieltar, a member of the Iron Throne, and was hired as a personal smith. They became friends, and eventually Yeslick told of his past. This proved to be his undoing, as Rieltar used this information to formulate a plan to expand the Iron Throne power base in the Sword Coast.  Rieltar betrayed his supposed friend and forced him to reveal the location of the mines. Yeslick has been imprisoned ever since so as not to reveal the site to others. Now he wishes for nothing but the chance to right the wrongs that have been committed using his ancestral home.

Yeslick vs. Kagain


Noble Dwarf versus the Greedy Dwarf; namely, Yeslick versus Kagain. Yeslick, formerly of clan Orothiar, represents the classic Tolkien dwarf in that he wants to right wrongs and see poetic justice done.


Yeslick offers sage advice to the party during their adventure. He's one of the best companions for a Good party to have around. It's sort of a pity that we have to wait until Chapter Four to get him.

Kagain, on the other hand, runs a shady mercenary company that has been affected by the banditry plaguing the region. His goal in life is to become stinking rich, and he believes the only thing better than gold is more gold.

Yeslick keeps alluding to Kagain's greed and selfishness.


That third line in the above screencap repeats fairly often, sounds very funny to me, and it really pisses Kagain off:


This next one is the best exchange. It's also the last straw:


Only hammer and axe can settle this once and for all.

Yeslick quotes


  • Aye, who's there now? More smithing, or did ye burrow into another river?
  • I should'na got out of bed this morn!
  • Clangeddin's might be with us!
  • We do good! 'Tis as my clan was, long ago.
  • There'll be dark horizons if we don't change our ways!
  • I've seen enough greed and evil! Change your ways, lest enemies we be!
  • Ye be no better than the Throne themselves! I'll not stand by while this happens!
  • Slow and steady while I'm leader.
  • Even dwarves need to rest. I can't walk much further.
  • Why did I leave my cell if I'm to stand about doing nothing?!
  • Ill I am, and when a dwarf says he's sick, you know it's serious!
  • 'Tis just like the tunnels of my old clan.
  • I prefer the stone of my cell o'er this wide open empty.
  • You need something?
  • What e're ye need.
  • Ye need only ask.
  • As you will.
  • Clangeddin's will be done.
  • Be glad to.
  • My father was a miner. And my mother was a miner before him.
  • Keep yer straw and sticks! Only Stone protects the pigs!
  • You load sixteen tons, what do ya get? Another day older and deeper in debt.
  • The mines were there for anyone who looked! I'll not be blamed for what the Throne does with em!
  • 'Twould be good if you tithed a few coins now and then. The favor of gods is worth a few gold.
  • You've sold your mores for the love of gold. All dwarves are kin, but I'll not call YOU family.
  • Friendships last when gold is long gone. Perhaps you should be a little nicer to the group.
  • I've been through enough without suffering you as well. Begone.
  • Watch what you say. Good-natured I am, but I swing a mean ax where evil's concerned!
  • We fight for what's right, but you needn't take such pleasure in it.
  • Kind words are always appreciated.
  • Violence solves only the simplest problems. You must think your way through the tough ones.
  • A friendly face is a blessed sight in these times.
  • Your ego is positively elven. Drop it a notch, lest I do it for you.
  • I've lost too many clan-mates already! Must I lose these as well?
  • I wish no dwarf dead, but I'll not miss his company!


Baldur's Gate Original Ajantis BG1 Alora BG1 Branwen BG1 Coran BG1 Dynaheir BG1
BG1 Walkthrough Edwin BG1 Eldoth BG1 Faldorn BG1 Garrick BG1 Imoen BG1
BG1 Companions Jaheira BG1 Kagain BG1 Khalid BG1 Kivan BG1 Minsc BG1
Baldur's Gate NPCs Montaron BG1 Quayle BG1 Safana BG1 Shar-Teel BG1 Skie BG1
cRPG Blog (Index to All) Tiax BG1 Viconia BG1 Xan BG1 Xzar BG1 Yeslick BG1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.