Minsc, Baldur's Gate 1 BG1 Companion


Minsc Baldur's Gate 1



Minsc Location


Minsc is a Baldur's Gate companion in BioWare's cRPG of 1998, Baldur's Gate 1. Minsc is found at x=3380, y=1950 on the Nashkel map (AR 4800). 


Minsc is paired with Dynaheir (both being from Rashemen, and both being of the Baldur's Gate canon party). Minsc can fly into a berserker rage, which grants him a form of mindshield.

Minsc is the most famous companion in cRPG history.

Boo


Boo, "the only miniature giant space hamster in the Realm", takes up one of Minsc's quickslots, and squeaks when clicked on.


Minsc's Quest


The quest to find the Witch. Minsc enlists your aid in storming the Gnoll Fortress to rescue his Wychlaran charge, Dynaheir, whereas Edwin wishes her head on a pike. Oddly, Minsc won't protest Edwin's recruitment or vice versa. Having hacked through packs of gnolls en route to the fortress summit to find Dynaheir imprisoned in a pit, you can choose who to ultimately side with or simply watch them duke it out on their own. 

Right: Minsc & Dynaheir engage in bare knuckle boxing with Edwin.


Take heart fellow adventurers, for you have curried the favor of Boo, the only miniature giant space hamster in the Realm!  My friend and companion ever since my h-h-head wound, he will lead us to victory!  Onward to the Gnoll Stronghold in the west! Tarry not! We must go soon!

Minsc Stats


Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!!  RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!

Minsc Biography


When asked about his past, MINSC proudly announces that he is a berserker warrior from the nation of Rasheman in the utter east. He is currently undertaking his dejemma, a ritual journey to manhood, and is seeking adventure and glory in battle. It is also his honor to be the bodyguard of a young Wychalarn of Rasheman named Dynaheir, and if anyone tries to harm her he will beat sense into their heads until they reconsider. He is unsure as to why she has led them to the Sword Coast, but his loyalty is unquestioning. If he serves her well and distinguishes himself in battle he hopes to be accepted into the Ice Dragon berserker lodge upon return to their homeland. So far Minsc considers his most notable experience in the world abroad to be the acquisition of his animal companion 'Boo,' a creature that he claims is a miniature giant space hamster. Apparently such things do exist in the Realms, but Minsc has surely taken too many blows to the head. He seems a good-natured fellow, but is all too willing to indulge his berserker nature. 

Best Items for Minsc




Minsc quotes



  • Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!! RrraaaAAGHGHH!!!
  • Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at ye!  
  • No, despair not! I will inspire you by charging blindly on!
  • Camaraderie, adventure, and steel on steel. The stuff of legend! Right Boo? *squeak* *squeak*
  • Yes Boo, I agree. This group could do with a swift kick in the morals.    
  • If I continue with this I'll never look Boo in the eyes again. Choose carefully, I'll not let this come to pass!
  • Ye have stepped beyond the line of evil! Taste hamster justice!
  • Magic is impressive, but now Minsc leads! Swords for everyone!
  • I must rest, I've a bad case of armor chafe.
  • My hamster's getting antsy! If we be adventurers, let us adventure!
  • I need aid soon, lest my hamster become an orphan.
  • Boo likes the forest.  
  • Evil 'round every corner. Careful not to step in any.
  • Ahh, nighttime. Good for sneakin' up on evil.
  • Who wants some?
  • You point, I punch.
  • Less talk, more fight!
  • Butt-kickin' for goodness!
  • Squeaky wheel gets the kick. 
  • Full plate and packing steel!
  • Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, watch it!  I'm huge!
  • When the going gets tough, someone hold my rodent.
  • There be safety in numbers and I am two or three at least.
  • Make way evil! I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!
  • It is as you would have it. 'Tis my sworn vow to ensure your every need is catered to.
  • Where Dynaheir goes, so goes my blade.
  • Lay a finger on what I protect and forevermore ye will answer natures call with a hook!
  • Stand ye not too close! Dynaheir is under my protection!
  • Play on, bard! 'Tis sweet music to my furry friend.
  • I take no offense from your comments. You just don't understand the bond I have with Boo.
  • Your words are as sharp as my blade, though not half as shiny.  Oooo, shiny.
  • I am of few words and fewer hesitations! Warnings past and now you die!
  • You travel with Minsc, you toe the line! I'll not suffer slackers while I'm busy hero-ing!
  • Boo does not like your manner. Away with ye.
  • Choose your friends wisely. Not all are as trustworthy as Minsc and Boo.
  • No finer a place to die than the battlefield!
  • Dynaheir! Nooooo! You will be avenged!
  • Remove (content): I am truly saddened that you wish Minsc and Boo to leave. If you have any need for stout blade, and an even stouter man to swing it, do not hesitate to call on me.
  • Remove (unhappy): Boo and I were about to leave anyway! I have never seen such behavior in all my days! And you claim to be heroes? Good riddance! Come Dynaheir, I will not feel good about your safety until we are away from here.
  • Quest reminder: We take too long! My charge is in desperate peril! If we do not go now you are a coward!
  • Quest break: You agreed to help in my cause, yet now you break your word by your inaction! I'll have none of it! Feel the wrath of Minsc and Boo!


Baldur's Gate Original Ajantis BG1 Alora BG1 Branwen BG1 Coran BG1 Dynaheir BG1
BG1 Walkthrough Edwin BG1 Eldoth BG1 Faldorn BG1 Garrick BG1 Imoen BG1
BG1 Companions Jaheira BG1 Kagain BG1 Khalid BG1 Kivan BG1 Minsc BG1
Baldur's Gate NPCs Montaron BG1 Quayle BG1 Safana BG1 Shar-Teel BG1 Skie BG1
cRPG Blog (Index to All) Tiax BG1 Viconia BG1 Xan BG1 Xzar BG1 Yeslick BG1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.